Why to Buy?
The Giantex Portable Mini Compact has a great combination of capacity and washing power with 300W. The clean washing machine is equipped with both washing and drying spin tubs at a spinner RPM of 1300.
Well, it is a great product to go for if you are willing to choose this portable washing machine.
Things to consider (but not things major enough to detract from my appreciation for Wally):
– As other reviewers have noted, the inlet tube nozzle does not attach well to very many water sources. Buckets are your friends.
– This boy needs gravity to drain, so the draining tube has to rest at a point that’s lower than or equal to where the unit is sitting. The tube is also quite short, measuring out to be just under two feet.
– You’d might as well throw out the instructions as soon as you open the box.
It’s super simple, but since the instructions are rubbish and, hey, new machines can be intimidating, here’s how to use this boy:
1. Ensure the dial is set to “soft” or “normal.” There are only three options; as long as it’s not on “drain”!
2. Slap yer detergent in!
3. Slap some clothes in–my best advice is to just use your best judgment. If it’s a helpful reference, I just ran a load of four pairs of jeans, three T-shirts, and some miscellaneous socks and whatnot and still kicked myself for not throwing in a few more shirts.
4. Dump that water in, friend!
5. Set the timer to fifteen minutes. Or less, I won’t tell you how to live your life.
6. Is he done? Good! Set the dial to “drain” and, leaving your clean and vaguely soapy clothing inside, refill the tub; this is going to be our makeshift rinse cycle. Set the timer to your desired quantity of minutes, wait patiently, and pat yourself on the back for getting your laundry done on time.
7. Is he done again? Even better! Now you have clean and not-soapy clothing. Excellent! Shove as much as you can sensibly fit into the spin chamber, ensuring the dial is still set to “drain.” You may need to separate the load, as his drying capacity isn’t quite as great as his washing capacity. (I love him anyway.)
8. Close both spin lids–it’s very important that the first one is closed all the way!–set the time, and let him rip! He will only spin for up to five minutes, but this is often more than enough.
9. He’s done! Remove your things, hang them somewhere to dry, and thank him for a job well done.
Disclaimer: There is a rubbery plate with holes in it that comes with the unit. You are probably supposed to use it. I have no idea where to put this or what it does, but Wally runs perfectly in spite its absence.
– Instead of fiddling with the inlet hose, good old-fashioned buckets are always an option! For me personally, the size of the unit and set-up of my apartment wouldn’t allow me to attach it to a water source AND keep it within range a drain, so a 10-quart bucket has suited me fine. It’s not as inconvenient as it sounds, promise!
– Kie, how much water goes in?! The instructions say to use 30-45 liters of water (depending on the size of the load), but I find that anything over about 38 liters (40 quarts) is too much once clothes are added.
– Kie, how much detergent do I use?! I find that filling my detergent cap to the lowest line (usually marked with “1” or similar) is suitable for medium- to heavy-sized loads.
– Kie, my boy keeps starting and stopping during the wash cycle! Is he okay? Yes! Starting and stopping every few seconds is normal; he’s just changing directions and is still more than happy to clean your things.
– Kie, my boy is making scary sounds while he spins! Is he okay? Kind of! He’s okay, but your things are very heavy and he may be asking you to take some out. He will also scream if things are sticking too far out of the chamber and getting close to the lid, so you may need to stop the spin cycle and gently readjust if this occurs. For me, this happened one time, and only because I was careless when loading things in–Wally is blameless.
So in short, this guy is great. He may or may not require a little finagling in the set-up department, but if you are kind to him, he will wash your things with no complaints. He probably saved my life. He’s perfect.